Final version of Opera 12.13 has just been released for Windows, Mac and Linux systems, including Ubuntu. This release is recommended as it offers security and stability enhancements. To read a complete changelog on this, please click here.
Here are some of the fixes that were included in this release:
- Fixed an issue where Opera gets internal communication errors on Facebook
- Fixed an issue where no webpages load on startup, if Opera is disconnected from the Internet
- Fixed an issue where images will not load after back navigation, when a site uses the HTML5 history API (deviantart.com)
- A new stand-alone update-checker, as part of a planned upgrade of the auto-update system
- Improved protection against hijacking of the default search, including a one-time reset
Security fixes include:
- Fixed an issue where DOM events manipulation might be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Arthur Gerkis; see our advisory
- Fixed an issue where use of SVG clipPaths could allow execution of arbitrary code, as reported by anonymous via the iSIGHT Partners GVP Program; see our advisory
- Fixed a low severity security issue; details will be disclosed at a later date
To install Opera 12.13 on Windows and Mac systems, please use this download link.
To install install / upgrade Opera in Ubuntu 12.10, read our previous post on installing Opera in Ubuntu.
In that post we showed you how to do it easily and will always updated whenever new Opera releases are available.