The Document Foundation has just announced the release of LibreOffice 4.0.1 for Windows, MacOS and Linux systems, including Ubuntu. This is a maintenance release the fixes over a hundred bugs, including incorrect type detection with docx file disguised as doc, crashes when opening particular .svm image and problem with comments attached to text ranges, if the text range is at end of the document.
Also updated is LibreOffice Impress Remote. LibreOffice Impress Remote is a free presentation remote control app for LibreOffice. With it, you can interact with slideshow presentations from your smart phone (Android). It can be installed from Google Play.
This brief tutorial shows you how to update your current version in Ubuntu to the latest (4.0.1) via its Official PPA.
Below are some of bugs that were fixed in this release:
- oocalc produces wrong XY-diagrams, probably wrong sorting of x values
- FILESAVE: default row heights not exported for xlsx
- Printer list is missing its border in Print dialog
- Writer loops and/or crashes with max. 64k characters in paragraph
- mirrored page style that starts on left page handled as if it started on right page and many
To get started, press Ctrl – Alt – T on your keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run the commands below to add its PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-0
Finally, run the commands below to upgrade your systems, including LibreOffice.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Please share if you like it on: