As expected, XBMC 12.0 codenamed Frodo, has just been released. It comes with HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD via XMBC AudioEdngine, Live TV, and PVR integration and support for OS X and Raspberry PI and Android platforms.
Below are some of the features that were added in this released version.
- HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, via the new XBMC AudioEngine (OSX/iOS not yet available)
- Live TV and PVR Support
- h.264 10bit in OSX to match the 64-bit support in Linux
- Improved image support, allowing the database to accommodate numerous additional images
- Support for Raspberry PI
- Initial support for Android platform
- Advanced UPnP sharing
- Improved AirPlay support across all platforms
- Default video languages now match the language being used by XBMC
- Improved controller support in Windows and Linux systems