The driver that makes printing, copying and scanning with HP printers using Linux systems possible has just been updated to version 3.13.6. This release brings support for even more printers, including HP DesignJet T920 Postscript, HP DesignJet T1500 Postscript, HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One and HP Envy 45002 e-All-in-One printers.
It also adds support for Linux Mint 15 and fixes the following bugs:
- Fixed hplip markup documentation errors
- Fix for firmware download during plug and play
- cupsext/getPrinter leaks server connection on each call
Here are newly supported printers:
- HP DesignJet T920 Postscript
- HP DesignJet T1500 Postscript
- HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One
- HP Envy 4502 e-All-in-One
We have covered this topic before which can be viewed at this location.
To install it in Ubuntu 13.04 and other versions, press Ctrl – Alt – T on your keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run the commands below to download the latest version.
Next, run the commands below to begin the installation.sh hplip-3.13.6.run
After installing it, go to Unity Dash and launch it. The begin testing your printers to see if they work.
Again, there is a step by step guide that shows you how to install it in Ubuntu.