The HP Linux Imaging and Printing driver has just been updated to version 3.13.5 with support for more printers and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail as well as Debian 7.0. This driver package helps Linux users print, scan and fax using HP designed printers with full functionality as ones built for Windows or Mac OS X machines.
This release adds support for following printers including HP Laserjet Enterprise MPF M725 series, HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M725dn, HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M725z+ and HP Officejet Pro 3620 Black and White e-All-in-One.
Below are the printers that now fully support Linux machine with the updated driver package.
– HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M725 series
– HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M725dn
– HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M725fw
– HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M725z
– HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M725z+
– HP Officejet Pro 3610 Black and White e-All-in-One
– HP Officejet Pro 3620 Black and White e-All-in-One
and over 2000 more.
The complete changelog can be viewed @ http://sourceforge.net/p/hplip/news/2013/05/hplip-3135-public-release/
To install the updated driver in Ubuntu, including Ubuntu 13.04, press Ctrl – Alt – T on your keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run the commands below to download it.
Next, run the commands below to begin the installation. When prompted whether you want to overwrite or remove and re-install, choose remove and re-install.sh hplip-3.13.5.run
To view a step by step installation guide, read our previous post @ https://www.liberiangeek.net/2013/02/hp-linux-imaging-and-printer-hplip-version-3-13-2-releasedadds-support-for-more-printers/
The driver also fixes the following bugs:
- Bottom margin is not printing on 8.5x13in paper size for DeskJet 2050 J510 device
- Fixed cross resolution issue for pcl3gui2
Here’s the complete list of printers that are fully supported by HP