HP Linux Imaging and Printer driver has just been updated to version 3.13.4 with support for even more printers. This driver package helps Linux users print, scan, and fax using HP built printers and provides almost the same functionality as its Windows counterpart. It now supports over 2200 HP printer models, from ink jet to laser printers
This release also adds support for Debian 6.0.7 and OpenSuse 12.3 systems. It also fixes few issues related to printing in Linux systems.
A more detailed release note can be found @ http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/release_notes.html
Below are printers that were recently added to the support list
- HP Designjet Z5200 44-in PostScript Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro M521dn Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro M521dw Multifunction Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 276dw Multifunction Printer
The below items were also fixed
- Pin to Print support for HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 Color M551
- Scan operation fails with IO error, after Print job for HP Deskjet 3070 B611 series
- Error attempting to read r-value(2) is getting displayed in terminal when execute ‘hp-info’ and ‘hp-levles’ commands
To install HPLIP driver in Ubuntu, press Ctrl – Alt – T on your keyboard to open the terminal. When it opens, run the commands below to download the driver.
Next, run the commands below to begin the installation.
We have covered this topic below. For a detailed step by step guide, check the link below http://www.liberiangeek.net/2013/02/hp-linux-imaging-and-printer-hplip-version-3-13-2-releasedadds-support-for-more-printers/
Please share if you like it on: