Malwarebytes, a powerful software that detects and removes malware, spyware, trojans, rootkits, rogues dialers and other bad programs from your computer has just been updated to version 1.70. This version now fully support Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10. Along with this update, comes a new logo and icon by the company behind it.
Malwarebytes has two product categories – For Home and For Business. Home users have two product types, Free and Paid or Pro versions. The free version gives you limited sets of features, but still protects you against the bad guys. The paid version gives you more protection, including identifying 0-day exploits, and Real-Time Active Malware Prevention Engine which blocks known threats.
Some of the key features released in this version are as followed:
- Heuristics for 0-day exploit detection now implemented in protection module for PRO version
- Threats detected by the protection module are now quarantined automatically by default
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware now shows Windows 8 START screen notifications
- Heuristics for detecting new and unknown threats improved
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 now identified correctly in scan logs
- Better compatibility with many other security products in real-time
- New program logo and icons
To download a free or Pro version of Malwarebytes for Windows XP, 7 or 8, please go to this link.
It is a great tool to have if you need to protect your systems from online threats.
For more about this release, please click here.